Bioplastics: Accelerating the Circular Economy – Most plastics are produced from fossil fuels and have an undesirable End-Of-Life (EOL). Bioplastics are either Biodegradable or made from renewable sources. Here monomers are produced from biomass (e.g., sugars in plants) and polymerized, e.g., polyethylene (PE), or novel polymers i.e., polyhydroxyalkanoates (PHAs). Bioplastics are critical to circular economies and to achieving Sustainable Goals. Chemical pathways and processes of new production facilities vary widely from traditional large polyolefin complexes. New-to-manufacturing and start-ups struggle with technology choices and lack project/operations experience to bring their ideas to market.
The World Economic Forum defines the Circular Economy as – “a system that is regenerative by design. It replaces the end-of-life concept with restoration, shifts towards the use of renewable energy, eliminates use of toxic chemicals which impair reuse and return to the biosphere, and aims for the elimination of waste through design of materials, products, systems, and business models.”
There are many challenges when trying to bring new sustainable products to market. These include formulation optimization, scale-up, production optimization, and increased production flexibility. Avid’s experts in fermentation, automation, and OT can get you up and running faster and more efficiently.
Solutions for Bioplastic Producers
- Front-End Loading (FEL) services to set scope, schedules, and project execution requirements based on your needs.
- Smart manufacturing solutions to optimize and de-bottleneck operations.
- Use of scalable platforms and industry experience to quickly take ideas and start-ups to scalable production.
- IIoT and Manufacturing Operations Management systems to measure, analyze, and improve processes to maximize assets.
- Modernizations and full automation, controls, information solutions, networking, and system integration services.
If you’re struggling how to accelerate your transition to a circular production model, we can help!
Why work with Avid?
- We are focused on operations, optimization, and predicting asset issues that adversely affect sustainability efforts.
- We understand purposeful innovation is key to solving circular economy challenges at scale.
- We are built on agility.
- We’re a low-impedance partner, easy to do business with.
We integrate digitally enabled technologies to monitor and optimize control performance of critical processes.
We employ state of the art technologies that lower installed and life cycle costs for digitization and modernization projects.