A world-class producer of IV & Irrigation Solutions selected Avid Solutions to design and install a process control system for a new cooling tower unit. The new unit is designed to provide a steady supply of chilled water. As a result, this unit now enables the producer to stabilize and sustain the supply of chilled water that supports building management, compressors, sterilizers, and other critical systems.
Our scope of supply was:
- Providing PlantPAx automation control system software.
- Installing a ControlLogix processor with necessary I/O.
- Installing a STRATIX 2000 Network Switch.
- Installing a new Rockwell PowerFlex 753 Drive w/ Embedded I/O.
- Integrating the system with the cooling tower fan, Belimo 12″ bypass Butterfly Valve, and existing Trane Chiller pumps.
The Avid project team configured the PlantPAx control system, conducted internal testing, and then executed a Hardware Factory Acceptance Test with the client.
After the cooling tower installation, the Avid project team installed a PowerFlex 753 Drive and control panel with a ControlLogix processor and a Stratix 2000 network switch.
Avid collaborated with the client’s Subject Matter Experts to execute a flawless Site Acceptance Test. As a result, the client fully accepted the system and finalized the commissioning of the cooling tower.
The Result: The new cooling tower now supports the facility’s needs for stable and secure chilled water supply. Now the US health care system can count on the continuous production of IV & Irrigation Solutions.
Avid is dedicated to our customer’s success. Please contact us to learn how we can apply our smart manufacturing technologies to help you Run Better.